Ads 468x60px

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Acts 2:45, NIV

"Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need."

For some reason I see sacrifice like this as the ultimate definition of being a true disciple of God. I don't know if I have it in me, I like my possessions and goods. Don't get me wrong, I understand the importance and reward of living generously -- but I am selfish. Would I selflessly gift to anyone as they had a need (any need)? I'm not sure I could. But I want to say that I would if faced with that question.

Is standard tithing enough? Would a true disciple only give 10%? I read once in a book that instead of giving 10%, we should surrender 100%. That's my prayer tonight, that I will learn more about surrender and sacrifice as it pertains to me and my relationship with the Lord and my desire to be a committed disciple to His cause.

1 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

I absolutely love reading your writings, Katie! Keep doing them! I could not be happier about what the Lord is teaching you! Praise God!

Love - DAD

Post a Comment