Ads 468x60px

Monday, February 2, 2009

Acts 3:24-26, New L iving Translation

“Starting with Samuel, every prophet spoke about what is happening today. You are the children of those prophets, and you are included in the covenant God promised to your ancestors. For God said to Abraham, ‘Through your descendants all the families on earth will be blessed.’ When God raised up his servant, Jesus, he sent him first to you people of Israel, to bless you by turning each of you back from your sinful ways.”

I wish I could copy and paste this entire passage, it's so good, you should go read the whole thing. I love that what I was reading last week in Genesis has now come up in what I'm reading in Acts; about the covenant promised to Abraham. I've had a few interesting discussions this weekend with friends regarding the old and new covenants and something (one of many) that I love about the new covenant is that I'm able to be a part of it, to live under it. God chose the timing of things the way He did for a reason, to fulfill the Old Testament prophecies, and I'm eternally grateful that I was born under the new covenant. :-)

Let's not take the gift of grace for granted. Having read some of Genesis lately has made me thrilled that I can have intimacy with God with complete freedom. No OT rules about sacrifice and worship and Temples and priests - now it's just God and me. Don't ruin our privilege through meaningless acts or heartless words. Embrace God; be passionate about Him. It's a gift to be close to Him and serve Him until Christ's return.

0 comments:

Post a Comment