Ads 468x60px

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Acts 8:3-4, The Message

And Saul just went wild, devastating the church, entering house after house after house, dragging men and women off to jail. Forced to leave home base, the followers of Jesus all became missionaries. Wherever they were scattered, they preached the Message about Jesus.

I'm impressed that the Christians here went on to talk about Jesus after being mistreated because of their faith in Him. I wonder if I were persecuted and forced to leave everything familiar if I would share with new people the reason I was chased out of my "home base" as I began to settle in a new location. It seems like most people would prefer to go into the Witness Protection Program in order to hide their identity and maintain their safety and the safety of their family rather than risk losing it all again. It's interesting to think that if these Believers hadn't spoken out and share the Good News wherever their feet landed them, we might not have ever heard of Jesus. Years would have gone by and the story of Christ would not have left a mark in history and the years that Jesus caused such stir would have faded from memories like an child actor from the 80s. I'm certainly glad that God had a bigger plan for the world and that he used frightened, weak, and humble people to accomplish that plan. I pay better attention to people from those means than people of wealth and influence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment