Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Proverbs 4:20-22, The Message

"Dear friend, listen well to my words;
tune your ears to my voice.
Keep my message in plain view at all times.
Concentrate! Learn it by heart!
Those who discover these words live, really live;
body and soul, they're bursting with health."

I just did my measly little five pound hand weights at home and my arms are tired. Just a minute earlier I had weighed myself on my bathroom scale. Sounds obsessive, right? But I've realized that it takes hard work, concentration, discipline to see results. According to this Proverb, the same goes for spiritual growth and spiritual health. I think my spiritual health is benefiting from this blog and my time reading the Word each day. I would like to work more on memorization and taking the time to celebrate the things God has done in my life and the lives of people I know.

Since I'm thinking of the analogy of physical habits/diets/training and spiritual health - how great is it that God is the perfect Personal Trainer? He doesn't charge you too much, He encourages you, celebrates your progress, and corrects you when you do something wrong. He never gets impatient with you, He knows you can do it and supports you through the entire process. I'm pretty excited that my time with God doesn't have an expiration date or renewal period - He's always there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment