Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Acts 14:1-2, NIV

At Iconium Paul and Barnabas went as usual into the Jewish synagogue. There they spoke so effectively that a great number of Jews and Gentiles believed. But the Jews who refused to believe stirred up the Gentiles and poisoned their minds against the brothers.

These verses seem like a repeat of the previous chapter. They obey, they speak God's word, some people are saved, the others try and run them out of town. It doesn't make the Christian life sound too glamorous, does it? And yet it says they "went as usual" and I think it's a reminder that sometimes life takes you in circles, sometimes you're persecuted, but it's all about obedience.

FYI: Technically, it's Tuesday. However, I haven't been to bed yet so this is my post for Monday. That said, I've fallen asleep three times trying to write down my thoughts and it's just not happening. I'll try again tomorrow (today).

1 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

Hope you got some much needed sleep, Katie. Can't wait to read what you'll write when you are actually awake. Ha! Love you - DAD

Post a Comment