Ads 468x60px

Friday, March 20, 2009

Acts 20:1-2, The Message

With things back to normal, Paul called the disciples together and encouraged them to keep up the good work in Ephesus. Then, saying his good-byes, he left for Macedonia. Traveling through the country, passing from one gathering to another, he gave constant encouragement, lifting their spirits and charging them with fresh hope.

This is similar to many other verses in Acts, some of which I've already written about, but today the truth of brotherly love and encouragement rang loud for me. I had an upsetting conversation with two people. Without going into detail, I basically let the situation make me feel bad for the way I choose to live. These two people believe and live differently than me, and I became sad for them and burdened by the weight of sin in our world. Sometimes it is difficult to live the way I do, yet I'll always agree that it's worth it. Moving on...

Because I was upset it helped immensely to talk to several of my close Christian friends about it. They were so encouraging, truly "lifting my spirits." I love my sisters in the Lord and their love for me. We need community and accountability.

That said, it's also important to not give in to the temptation to sin or to shelter ourselves completely from people who are different from us. Even though I want to avoid uncomfortable conversations like I had today, those conversations are the moments when I can love someone and share the truth in love. I want to be a little bit of Jesus in those moments.

1 comments:

Grace said...

Hello, dear Miss Katie E.! I just now found your blog, and already have been uplifted by it. Love you, honey, and thanks for the encouragement to live true to my values and to love as Jesus would.

Blessings, Grace

Post a Comment