Ads 468x60px

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Acts 26:9, NIV

"I too was convinced that I ought to do all that was possible to oppose the name of Jesus of Nazareth."

Tonight my pastor spoke about counterfeits and how it's hard to recognize a counterfeit when you aren't familiar with the real thing. I think Paul's above statement is verification of this truth. He was convinced and obsessed with something that ended up being counterfeit, and it was what Paul believed at that time because he hadn't yet been faced with the truth, with the real deal.

So seek the truth and you will find it, be wise and weigh the scales to ensure what is real and what is fake, be shrewd and a good steward of your mind and heart. Be aware of the cunning tricks of the enemy and his attempts to confuse and disillusion us.

1 comments:

Grace said...

So true! When I worked at the bank I went to the Federal Reserve in Dallas and was able to go to a seminar given by the Secret Service. The whole experience was really interesting, and they emphasized knowing the "real thing" in order to spot a fake. That knowledge sure did come in handy on the job, and I like the counterfeit analogy as it pertains to our walk with Christ. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment