Ads 468x60px

Sunday, April 26, 2009

1 Timothy 6:6-8, The Message

A devout life does bring wealth, but it's the rich simplicity of being yourself before God. Since we entered the world penniless and will leave it penniless, if we have bread on the table and shoes on our feet, that's enough.

I might have blogged on these verses already, I'm not sure. But Gabe spoke on these verses tonight when speaking about contentment and desire. Another translation says "But godliness with contentment is great gain (wealth)." I find it fascinating that our God is the source of true gain/success/wealth. We seek it in other ways, but God (among all else that he is) is still the answer to every question.

This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything. All that I could want and nothing that I need.

0 comments:

Post a Comment