Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hebrews 1:1-3, The Message

Going through a long line of prophets, God has been addressing our ancestors in different ways for centuries. Recently he spoke to us directly through his Son. By his Son, God created the world in the beginning, and it will all belong to the Son at the end. This Son perfectly mirrors God, and is stamped with God's nature. He holds everything together by what he says—powerful words!

I've read and re-read these verses a couple times - I'm not sure I fully understood what they were saying. So I continued to read the rest of chapter one and some parts of chapter two. I forget how important it is for me to take verses in context and to spend time soaking it all in. If I did that more than facebook or blogging or reading other blogs, I'm pretty sure the world would be a far more loving and less confusing place. So go ahead and walk away from your computer for 30 minutes and pick up your bible and read it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment