Ads 468x60px

Thursday, June 4, 2009

1 Thessalonians 5:4-8, The Message

You're sons of Light, daughters of Day. We live under wide open skies and know where we stand. So let's not sleepwalk through life like those others. Let's keep our eyes open and be smart. People sleep at night and get drunk at night. But not us! Since we're creatures of Day, let's act like it. Walk out into the daylight sober, dressed up in faith, love, and the hope of salvation.

Tonight at small group we discussed the sermon from Sunday (in the series Exiles) about how we live in a culture of counterfeit faith and that we need to be the real deal. As a Christ-follower, I have an eternal hope and confidence that comes from knowing that this world is not my home and the suffering/sickness/despair we endure here will not last because God has a place in heaven with my name on it. It's like this verse from 1 Thessalonians says, "we live under wide open skies and know where we stand." I want everyone to know about this. I love the people in my life, I even try to love people I don't know, and as a result, I want everyone to have this hope and confidence that I have.

I have chosen to be a "daughter of the day" and I'm certain down to my toes that the Light is better than the dark. Won't you believe?

0 comments:

Post a Comment