Ads 468x60px

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Matthew 16:24-25, The Message

Then Jesus went to work on his disciples. "Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat; I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self."

We want to do it ourselves. We want control, we want things done on our timeline and in the way we see fit. As Americans it is our default, actually, it's as humans that it's our default. But clearly we can't be doing God's job for Him. I like these verses after a long stressful week - they help the next days and hours better as I "embrace" the good and bad, laying myself down as I follow Christ... or at least attempt to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment