Ads 468x60px

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ephesians 6:12, New Century Version



Our fight is not against people on earth but against the rulers and authorities and the powers of this world's darkness, against the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly world.



hmm… read it again. After reading this, does anyone else have the question remain: “So am I strong enough to wrestle this alone?!? Aren’t we supposed to be able to do all things through Christ who strengthens us?” Hard fact: the spiritual battles you fight with the Lord will be win-win, win-lose, lose-win, and lose-lose. It isn’t always victory, it isn’t always a loss, and sometimes it’s rough and tough for everyone, no matter what the “score” is.

In all this wrestling, we get spiritually beaten up. I know that my spirit feels like it was tossed around in a boxing ring this week. I feel tired, bruised and hurt – it’s like I’m recovering from a championship fight, but I can’t tell who won or who lost and I have a limp and a few scars as a result.

This is why we need brothers and sisters to stand beside us. We are family and we’re in this eternal battle together. Look at this picture – support is on the side, ready to jump in if necessary, declare when it’s over, give the fighter advice, etc. Same thing in spiritual wars, we need our cheerleaders, our mentors/coaches, our prayer warriors, and our relief when we’re about to be overtaken.

I wish I could rest, but it’s so hard because I feel like the enemy will attack me again because he sees that I’m weak. So I’m scrambling to get myself sorted out. But wait, I’ve forgotten something – His power is made perfect in weakness. So when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Cor. 12:9, 10).

So friends, in these moments, I trust that you will be the ones to remind me of the Lord and continue to life me up in prayer. I appreciate your support more than you know. Thanks for being a crucial part of this Family with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment