Ads 468x60px

Friday, July 31, 2009

Proverbs 22:6, The Message

"Point your kids in the right direction—when they're old they won't be lost."

If you're like me, then as you age, mature, and reflect on your life you realize how much your parents did for you that you were never aware of before. You realize the sacrifices they made of their own time and needs in order to accommodate your own. The reality of the amount of prayer and decisions (and probably arguments and heartache too) they put into your life becomes a flooring revelation. I wonder if I will ever reach the point in my life where I feel like I fully grasp everything my parents did for me as a baby, as a child, as a teen, and continually as an adult too. Probably not.


In the same way - how much more can I look back at the path my life has taken and see all that God has done for me?

Psalm 139:13: For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

He created us from the inmost, He's provided for us with the physical things and guided us to life everlasting through spiritual places. I'm in awe.

I know that my awareness and appreciation of my parents is encouraging to them and I'm sure that they are thrilled to know that their love and faithfulness has always revealed more to me about God than they realize.

1 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

You are (and were) worth every bit of sacrifice, prayer, agonizing decision-making, etc. But, in retrospect, I really don't remember any of that kind of negative stuff. I only remember the joys and privileges of participating in your development (both emotional and spritual) resulting in the wonderful person you are today, Katie! We are so blessed by you! Thanks for being who (and whose) you are! Love you - Dad

Post a Comment