Ads 468x60px

Friday, August 7, 2009

Busy is not always a bad disease!

Sometimes I have so many ideas and dreams running through my head at once that I can't decipher which are merely passing thoughts, actually from the Lord, or just indigestion - hah! What I do know is that I have a terminal disease of being busy, but I don't want to be healed. I love being busy! Granted, I can get to the verge of breakdown and take a day or two for recuperation. But overall, I wish there were more hours in the day for me to do everything my mind comes up with!

Here is a glimpse of my mind and crazy train of thought today (keep in mind I'm trying to work during all of this): "I'm feeling a little bittersweet about the upcoming split of my weekly womens small group. But we survived and thrived after the split last year. I have to admit, it's going to be awesome to have three new groups come from one, God will do great things through the new leaders that are stepping up. And with so many women looking for Christian fellowship in Dallas, we need the room to grow! Speaking of growing- I've officially been back in America for two years! Have I grown during that time? It's crazy to think of all that happened in that one year in Belfast. Oh, Belfast. I wish I could go back. Maybe God wants me to work there again. Or maybe when I go to India I'll find an opportunity to get back into full time ministry. Then again, what is "full time ministry?" Aren't I doing that already? Certainly feels like it sometimes. But I miss the availability of being able to bless others by taking them out to lunch or breakfast or coffee during their day without the concern of my job getting in the way. Like the Leadership Summit 2009, I'd love to be there. Heck, I'd love to plan an event like this to equip and encourage church leaders. Oh, speaking of things to plan, I want to do a mission trip or project soon with girls from church. Maybe plan an inner city prayer tour of Dallas or serve dinner at the Union Gospel Mission. Or perhaps it'd be beneficial to sponsor a child together through World Vision. I like reading the book written by the World Vision president, it's so convicting and I agree with so much of his thoughts and perspectives...maybe I should write a book... I want to start a book club... but I also like movies, I should make a movie..."

Ahh! See, it's a crazy train in my head! And I only had one cup of coffee today!

* Relax * Remember, God speaks in a whisper and uses tiny seeds to move mountains. I found peace in these words from Psalm 116:7-8 (The Message) today:

I said to myself, "Relax and rest.
God has showered you with blessings.
Soul, you've been rescued from death;
Eye, you've been rescued from tears;
And you, Foot, were kept from stumbling."

1 comments:

Kim6978 said...

I love reading your thoughts! Thank you! Check your calendar and if you happen to be free on August 22nd (like 10am to 12 noonish) let me know.. I'd love to take you with me to be busy during those hours : ) You are such a blessing Katie.

Post a Comment