Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Jeremiah 1:4-8, NLT

The Lord gave me this message:

“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.
Before you were born I set you apart
and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”

“O Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I can’t speak for you! I’m too young!”

The Lord replied, “Don’t say, ‘I’m too young,’ for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. And don’t be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I, the Lord, have spoken!”

Most of the time, these is the same words that I hear God telling me. I'm not saying that I'm a prophet like Jeremiah, I'm saying that I feel called to share God's love with people - all the time. I sometimes think that I'm too young to achieve the dreams that I have, but God has always used people of various ages to spread His message.

Tonight I was feeling emotionally empty because of the hectic schedule I've had. I feel ready for the trip to India, but I just needed a boost. Thankfully, these verses came to me and I once again feel refreshed with new vigor from the Lord as I read His Word and see His plans for me can only be accomplished because He is with me.

A timely word, a hopeful word, a promising word, a prophetic word, a blessed word, an encouraging word, a healing word--Your words, Lord, are a balm for my soul. Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment