Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 5 side note

For our sight-seeing day, we had hired a tour guide to take us to the Taj Mahal, the Red Fort, and to a marble making place. I can't remember his name, but he spoke good english and was knowledgeable of all the facts we needed to know about these places. At the end of the day, while the rest of the team was inside the marble making place, I was sitting outside with Deshpande, the tour guide, and our two taxi drivers. Deshpande and the tour guide were having an interesting debate about Christianity vs. Muslim. The tour guide, a muslim, kept flowing back and forth between Hindi and English so I had a hard time keeping up! But at one point he looked at me and said, "If you marry me, I will convert to Christianity." HAHA! I turned him down and continued to listen to the debate. Later I found out that he's already married and has two children! Regardless, I thought it was funny. Now I can say that I received a marriage proposal in India.

0 comments:

Post a Comment