Ads 468x60px

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Psalm 73:21-28

When I was beleaguered and bitter,
totally consumed by envy,
I was totally ignorant, a dumb ox
in your very presence.
I'm still in your presence,
but you've taken my hand.
You wisely and tenderly lead me,
and then you bless me.

You're all I want in heaven!
You're all I want on earth!
When my skin sags and my bones get brittle,
God is rock-firm and faithful.
Look! Those who left you are falling apart!
Deserters, they'll never be heard from again.
But I'm in the very presence of God
oh, how refreshing it is!
I've made Lord God my home.
God, I'm telling the world what you do!

I'm beginning my new year resolution early; I'm creating a blog to share my thoughts on Scripture and authentic living. I don't understand blogging but I'm willing to try it as a method of accountability to myself in the hope that my relationship with the Lord will mature.

These verses from Psalm stood out to me this morning. I feel like I have been the "dumb ox" for a long time. A follower of Christ my whole life -- you'd think I'd be better at listening to God and obeying His Word! 2008 seemed like a desert even though I was pursuing God's presence; I'm so thankful that God still loves me and leads me. Hindsight has proven that I was never alone or far from God. His love is overwhelming! I don't deserve his blessings, I'm a sorry excuse for a "follower" most days.

Regardless, God is all I want in heaven and on earth. God is faithful when I fail, He is firm when I am weak. Being in the presence of God and making Him my home is more refreshing than anything life can offer. I want the world to know that when we sacrifice our selfish selves, we can find fulfillment and satisfaction and rest (true rest) in His love.

2 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

Great start, Katie! Keep writing. Keep studying. Keep being authentic. There is no other way... Love - DAD

Andy Ellwood said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Sis!

Post a Comment