Ads 468x60px

Monday, January 26, 2009

Acts 2:17-21, The Message

"In the Last Days," God says,
"I will pour out my Spirit
on every kind of people:
Your sons will prophesy,
also your daughters;
Your young men will see visions,
your old men dream dreams.
When the time comes,
I'll pour out my Spirit
On those who serve me, men and women both,
and they'll prophesy.
I'll set wonders in the sky above
and signs on the earth below,
Blood and fire and billowing smoke,
the sun turning black and the moon blood-red,
Before the Day of the Lord arrives,
the Day tremendous and marvelous;
And whoever calls out for help
to me, God, will be saved."

I have been eager to read back into the beginning of the Church as it's told in Acts. I am always dumbfounded by the raw power of the Holy Spirit. Can you imagine how distant our relationship with God might feel without the Spirit moving and working in us? One of my favorite things about the Spirit is the comforting and unsettling reassurance it is that God is alive in me.

I wonder how many people can read things like this, or hear Christians talk about it, and wonder why we're always talking about "spirits" and "consuming" and "power", etc. I love that Christianity only has One Spirit, One God, and It's more like a Friend than a foe. It's not creepy. It's amazing! Ask us about it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, Your passion for God and His truth is wonderful :)

Post a Comment