Ads 468x60px

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Genesis 12:1, The Message

God told Abram: "Leave your country, your family, and
your father's home for a land that I will show you."

My church's daily bible verse has been going through Genesis. As I read Chapter 12 tonight I was thinking about my life and the times when I did something new or adventurous. It in those times that God told me to leave the familiar and to a place He would show me. I love being in that mode of thinking, complete surrender and obedience.

I have a friend who did Y1 with me 2006-2007 currently visiting me in Dallas. As such, I am thinking a lot about that year of my life when I truly was in that mode. I wonder now, almost two and a half years later, if I'm still in the "land" that God wants to show me. I might be in Dallas (my country, near my family, in my hometown) but I can still keep the prayer in my head that I will hear God's voice when He tells me where to go next.

1 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

More good words, Katie! Keep writing! I love hearing what God is saying to you! DAD

Post a Comment