Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Matthew 5:5, The Message

"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought."

God gives us a lot of blessings when we live a servant-attitude life. So far, the main theme I'm seeing in the beatitudes is humbleness. You could say Christ-likeness too, that really sums it all up. We're to be like Christ. Simple. What Would Jesus Do? Fully Rely on God. Greater is He Who is within you than he who is in the world. Look unto Jesus. Cast all your cares. This is the theme of our generation, past generations, and all humankind to come.

I'm accustomed to reading this verse "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." But I like how The Message phrases this one. Contentment and authenticity have become a quest for my life. I think it all started in high school, or even junior high, when I began to wonder why things and people were the way they were. I didn't like pretending, I liked raw emotion. I didn't like false, I thrived on seeking the truth. This is when I realized that as Christians we should not look alike. We can believe the same truths without being morphed into some creepy identical lump of people. I can practice my beliefs in a way that is personalized to me, Katie, and still in line with what pleases God. So I'm enjoying the affirmation given in scripture that we're blessed when we recognize what wonderful creations we are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment