Ads 468x60px

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Matthew 5:6, The Message and NIV

"You're blessed when you've worked up a good appetite for God. He's food and drink in the best meal you'll ever eat."
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

I have felt more "full" in the last week since I've begun spending a few minutes of my day in scripture than I have felt in a while. It's such a good use of my time, not nearly enough of my time in comparison to what God deserves or desires. But, nonethless, I'm enjoying my daily message. I don't know who reads it, if anyone even does. But I'm not writing these things for other people, I'm writing them for me and God. I enjoy finding the time, even if it's just a few minutes, to think about a verse or two and translate those thoughts into words so there is evidence of my efforts to grow close to the Lord. And, just as this verse says, I'm hungering and thirsting for more of this as the days continue. God is satisfying and I'm grateful!

2 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

I'm reading what you write... And loving all of it, too! Love - DAD

Deborah said...

I'm reading, Katie...
your thoughts encourage and challenge me.

thank you for sharing.

Post a Comment