Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Matthew 5:9, The Message

"You're blessed when you can show people how to cooperate instead of compete or fight. That's when you discover who you really are, and your place in God's family."

Peacemakers. That word sounds like a movie title like "windtalkers" or "braveheart." I love the irony God has with this verse for me today. At work in Customer Relations, and even today in my personal life, I feel like I'm destined to be a peacemaker. I shouldn't say it like it's a bad thing. But sometimes I feel burdened by the responsibility that comes with keeping the peace. I don't do it well because it requires quite a lot of selflessness. Who feels like that's easy?? Sometimes you want to compete or fight. I love that cooperation doesn't mean boring, goodness knows I need a little excitement in the midst of harmony and cooperation. I wholeheartedly agree with this translation of the verse; peacemaking reveals who you really are and teaches you more about your place in God's family.

Peacekeeping is always rewarding and you don't remember the sacrifices in the end - you remember that God worked through your life and it makes everything worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment