Ads 468x60px

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Acts 4:29-31, The Message

"And now they're at it again! Take care of their threats and give your servants fearless confidence in preaching your Message, as you stretch out your hand to us in healings and miracles and wonders done in the name of your holy servant Jesus."

While they were praying, the place where they were meeting trembled and shook. They were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak God's Word with fearless confidence.

If I didn't title my blog with just the scripture reference I would title this one "fearless confidence." It's such a good phrase. I doubt many people do anything in life with such a bold faith and unwavering conviction. That is of course with the exception of Christians. Because of the power God gives those who believe in Him, we have the ability, the supernatural ability, to trust solely in Him to speak through us, perform miracles through us and give us the words to spread His message.

There have been embarrassingly few times when I have felt that fearless confidence. I believe that God gives us this confidence in the moments when we can surrender to Him and become completely obedient to His will. In those times we have to ask for this confidence because God knows how helpless we are and part of the humbleness of being His servant means admitting when we need Him. Therefore, I believe that the reason there are so few of these fearless moments for me is because I am afraid to ask for it and reveal the power that God could choose to manifest through me. I'll try and do better to boldly ask God for this confidence in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment