Ads 468x60px

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Acts 4:32-35, New Living Translation

All the believers were united in heart and mind. And they felt that what they owned was not their own, so they shared everything they had. The apostles testified powerfully to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and God’s great blessing was upon them all. There were no needy people among them, because those who owned land or houses would sell them and bring the money to the apostles to give to those in need.

I'm just a week away from starting Financial Peace University. I'm eager to learn how to better manage the resources God has given me. Someone did ask me a good question regarding FPU though; as Christians, is it wrong to save lots of money when there are people in need? The early Church in Acts show that people were not just tithing a percentage, but actually selling their possessions in order to help with the needs of those in their Church.

Our current culture is not one that makes it easy for us to think that what we own is not our own. If anything, it suggests that we not only own our stuff, we rule it. I don't want to have that mindset. I want to be wise and a good steward of my resources; but I don't want my security to be in that fact either. I desire to be generous, prepared, faithful and content. Because I am a very open person, I think a lot of people know a lot about my spending habits and money patterns, haha! But, that fact gives me an incredible opportunity to use this chance as a way to witness and minister to others.

I hope that in the next 13 weeks I will be able to change my bad habits before they become problems and use this course as a ministry to those in my life.

1 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

Go for it, Katie! Let's compare notes along the way, too! Love you - DAD

Post a Comment