Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Acts 8:26-31, The Message

Later God's angel spoke to Philip: "At noon today I want you to walk over to that desolate road that goes from Jerusalem down to Gaza." He got up and went. He met an Ethiopian eunuch coming down the road...He was riding in a chariot and reading the prophet Isaiah. The Spirit told Philip, "Climb into the chariot." Running up alongside, Philip heard the eunuch reading Isaiah and asked, "Do you understand what you're reading?" He answered, "How can I without some help?" and invited Philip into the chariot with him.

I love when you get a nudge (or, in this instance, a direct order) from the Holy Spirit. Sometimes the hint is so faint that we make excuses for why we might have made a certain decision, unaware that it was actually God or divine providence or whatever you prefer to call it. No matter how you define it, God spoke directly to Philip in this passage and made sure that he was in the right place at the right time. I think that tonight I will pray that when God's Spirit directs me to a certain place that I will be listening to the questions of those around me and pray for wisdom to answer what I can.

**does anyone else think the image in these verses is hilarious?! Philip stands alone on a desolate road, then runs alongside the lone chariot before hopping on. Not to mention the man in the chariot is "reading" from an Old Testament scroll? hahaha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment