Ads 468x60px

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Acts 9:10-16, NIV

In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!"
"Yes, Lord," he answered.

The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."

"Lord," Ananias answered, "I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your saints in Jerusalem. And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name."

But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name."

I like the conversation replay between Ananias and God. For some reason I thought Ananias was a prophet, but clearly just a disciple of the Lord. He doesn't seem significant in wealth or position or character; he doesn't even have a lot of gumption. He is just obedient, he even needed some coaxing! Sometimes my own conversations with the Lord go the same way.

God - "Katie."

Me - "Hey God! What's up?"

God - "Not much, just wanted you to know that you need to go and do this."

Me - "Well, thanks, but I don't really want to. It might be hard or scary."

God - "Are you seriously arguing with me?"

Me - "Are you buying it?"

God - "Just go."

Me - *sigh* "Fine, but I'm not happy about it."

--- hours/days/weeks later...

Me - "Okay so that was a really good idea, I'm glad I did that."

God - "You're going to give me the credit, right?"

Me - "Right! Yes, thank you! Good job!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment