Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Proverbs 22:7, NIV, The Message

The rich rule over the poor,
and the borrower is servant to the lender.

The poor are always ruled over by the rich,
so don't borrow and put yourself under their power.

I cut up my credit card. I didn't really need to, I can resist using it if I need to. However, why tempt myself that way? Why keep it an ever-present thought? We talked tonight at Financial Peace University about how you spend your money is evidence of your value system. My thoughts and my actions with money can reflect to others how I view my relationships with people and my relationship with God. And I felt that it would honor God if I admitted that sometimes a credit card can control me and it's best to destroy it rather than fight it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment