Ads 468x60px

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Acts 16:4-5, The Message

Weird! I changed it up and included the passage from Acts at the bottom of this post! I was beginning to get a little insecure the other day. I thought, 'what if my blog posts aren't deep enough? What if my faith or insights seem juvenile and predictable?'

But the title "Authentic Narratives" means something to me. Whether its a long or short post, my thoughts are authentic the moment I write them. I don't wait until I have a good day to share, I don't babble on and on if the truth I'm shown that night is very short and sweet. It's real, and it's me. I am trying not to set false expectations on myself for what a tangible expression of my heart should look like on this blog.

And then, wouldn't you know it, the verse I read tonight (actually it's the wee hours of the morning) was regarding "simple guidelines" for living out the Christian Faith. This is how the Church is strengthened. Simple is apparently helpful. I am relived and grateful!

As they traveled from town to town, they presented the simple guidelines the Jerusalem apostles and leaders had come up with. That turned out to be most helpful. Day after day the congregations became stronger in faith and larger in size.

0 comments:

Post a Comment