Ads 468x60px

Monday, March 23, 2009

Acts 20:29-32, The Message

"I know that as soon as I'm gone, vicious wolves are going to show up and rip into this flock, men from your very own ranks twisting words so as to seduce disciples into following them instead of Jesus. So stay awake and keep up your guard. Remember those three years I kept at it with you, never letting up, pouring my heart out with you, one after another. Now I'm turning you over to God, our marvelous God whose gracious Word can make you into what he wants you to be and give you everything you could possibly need in this community of holy friends."

A friend that I visited with yesterday is going through some of these same emotions. She is moving on from one chapter of her life to the next and the "letting go" of her old life is difficult. The matter of trusting God to continue His work with the people currently in her life is not as easy as she thought. I've felt the same way everytime I left a mission trip or an intimate weekend at a retreat. Reading the vereses above, it's clear this isn't a foreign idea. As humans, we grow attached to each other and the relationships we have. The idea of just getting up and leaving doesn't occur to many people, they wouldn't dream of leaving everyone alone or in the dark. However, God can do His work with our without us and when it's time for us to move on, He'll start making it clear. Trust Him to complete His work in His way and timing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment