Ads 468x60px

Sunday, April 12, 2009

1 Corinthians 1:18-19, NIV

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:
"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."

This strangely unfamiliar to me (surely it was an AWANA verse?!), but twice in the last four days I've heard it used. It's appropriate for Easter weekend and also ties in to my last post.

Church was really crowded tonight and I found myself distracted during the sermon when considering whether or not the guests in attendance were following the service. Words like "congregation," "sanctification," "offering," and even "the cross" or "the Gospel" could potentially confuse someone who isn't familiar with Christianese. In that same thought, I was sad for the Christians who forget the significance of Easter and sad for those who don't know the Lord (aka: the lost) and are frustrated by the Good News because it sounds foolish.

Haha, my thoughts have disappeared now. I feel like most of my posts are half-thoughts, incomplete at best, but I usually finish them in my head at some point. Good for me, confusing for you reading this...

0 comments:

Post a Comment