Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Job 19:25-27, New Living Translation

"But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
and he will stand upon the earth at last.
And after my body has decayed,
yet in my body I will see God!
I will see him for myself.
Yes, I will see him with my own eyes.
I am overwhelmed at the thought!"

My mind is easily overwhelmed by God and thoughts of His coming, His grace, His love. I was talking with a friend tonight about my quest and calling to live authentically. "Full disclosure" is another term I used to describe my personality, I don't have a whole lot of secrets and don't mind my life being a fairly open (and interesting) book. That said, I still can't fathom the feeling of knowing that someone could every know everything about me. Asking questions that no one else things to ask, know the inner dark thoughts that I may not even know exist, reading every expression on my face... it's intimidating and makes me feel exposed and vulnerable to think about. But here is the kicker, God sees me. God allows me to see Him. It's the most beautiful and intimate relationship in my world's existence. But it blows my mind. Just when I think I have it all figured out, God surprises me and shows me more of Him and, as a result of seeing more of Him, I see and know more of me. And, Lord willing, the more of me I discover, the more Christ will take over.

0 comments:

Post a Comment