Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Luke 1:76-79, New Living Translation

“And you, my little son,
will be called the prophet of the Most High,
because you will prepare the way for the Lord.
You will tell his people how to find salvation
through forgiveness of their sins.
Because of God’s tender mercy,
the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us,
to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death,
and to guide us to the path of peace.”

This is the end of Zechariah's prophecy for his newborn child. I wonder if many parents pray this same prayer for their children today. If I were a parent right now, I would want my child to be a servant and prophet of the Lord, someone who speaks truth and oozes with God's love. Kind of in the same way, I think God the Father sees us as His sons and daughters and wants us to tell the rest of His people how to find salvation and that God offers everyone mercy. Because I'm blessed with a wonderful earthly father, I don't usually struggle with the idea of God as a Father. In fact, I can only imagine how Awesome my God the Father is comared to my earthly dad. But also, I need to be careful to not forget that God is three in One and the Father is equal to the others in this threesome. I need to remember to obey my heavenly Father and bring honor to Him as a loving daughter would do.

1 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

Thanks, Katie! I am blessed with a wonderful "earthly" daughter, too! And, I see so much about how God is working in this world through YOU! You're AWESOME! Keep writing! Love - Dad

Post a Comment