Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Matthew 5:13, NIV

You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.

I had salty popcorn for a snack today, but it didn't give any new perspective on this familiar verse. Let's try it again: "Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage."

Good, better. So the question now is, how do I keep my saltiness? How am I maintaining the "flavor" of God in my life? I'm a pretty open person, I don't keep many things secret about my life. I think, at least I like to think, that in some ways this creates an honesty and vulnerability that is noticeable. A lot of people are surprised by this fresh flavor because it can penetrate their walls of fake emotions and secrets. Also, just like my last post, I want scripture to always be on my mind and bubbling out in my words so that the taste of the Lord will be given to those I speak with. Finally, adding the courageous faith needed to trust God with each step will be the final spice I can maintain the goal of being the "salt of the world" each day.

1 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

Katie, darlin'. I think you are nice and tasty (salty)! Thanks for being who you are, open and with not very many secrets! I love what I see and experience in you! Love - Dad

Post a Comment