Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2 Corinthians 4:7-12, The Message

If you only look at us, you might well miss the brightness. We carry this precious Message around in the unadorned clay pots of our ordinary lives. That's to prevent anyone from confusing God's incomparable power with us. As it is, there's not much chance of that. You know for yourselves that we're not much to look at. We've been surrounded and battered by troubles, but we're not demoralized; we're not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do; we've been spiritually terrorized, but God hasn't left our side; we've been thrown down, but we haven't broken.

A friend showed me a CareerBuilder commercial today that showed a man going through his mundane job all day and kept seeing himself in other people. These people would tell him how fulfilling their jobs were or how he should quit and get another job. The tag line at the end of the commercial was "self-help yourself." It made me realize (again, I'm considering these thoughts a lot lately) that it's my choice whether or not I make an impact every day. I live an ordinary life but I've been given an extraordinary gift - grace. As these verses above say, I know I'm not much to look at, but if you can see even a glimmer of God in my life then it's worth it to go through life without a lot of pizazz or flashy jobs or things or even a large group of people you influence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment