Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Proverbs 19:21-22, The Message

We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God's purpose prevails. It's only human to want to make a buck, but it's better to be poor than a liar.

Would someone be considered a liar if they worked for a buck instead of doing what they felt God calling them to do (Hi purpose)? I don't care a whole lot for money, but I think a lot about money. One of the reasons I have the job I have is because it provides monetary comfort for me. I can't do a lot with it, but there isn't a necessity that I can't take care of either. My struggle this week (and a little bit of last week, too) is knowing whether or not I should stay here.

I always tell people that I feel that one day I'll be in fulltime ministry again - but what is stopping me from searching for that opportunity and make "one day" actually come to fruition? One of my biggest fears is that I'll be doing the same thing five years from now and gotten to the place where I can't remember why I never took the chance to go do what I felt called to do.

We used to sing this song on Sunday mornings at St. Judes church in Belfast, and I can't help but hear it in my head as I ask myself "is there more than this?" and lift of a prayer to God for Him to lead me to His purpose for me.

There must be more than this
oh breath of God come breath within
There must be more than this
Spirit of God we wait for you
Fill us anew we pray

Consuming Fire
Fan into flame
a passion for your name
Spirit of God fall in this place
Lord have your way

Come like a rushing wind
Fill us with power from on high
Now set the captives free
leave us abandoned to your praise
Lord let your glory fall

Consuming Fire
Fan into flame
a passion for your name
Spirit of God fall in this place
Lord have your way
Lord have your way with us

0 comments:

Post a Comment