Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

James 3:17-18, The Message

Real wisdom, God's wisdom, begins with a holy life and is characterized by getting along with others. It is gentle and reasonable, overflowing with mercy and blessings, not hot one day and cold the next, not two-faced. You can develop a healthy, robust community that lives right with God and enjoy its results only if you do the hard work of getting along with each other, treating each other with dignity and honor.

I've been convicted almost every day for the last week of my lack of love for those in my life. There is so much more I could be doing. First, praying consistently for them. Coworkers, small group girls, family, and friends. Second, I was guilty of picking an argument with someone this week. According to these verses from James, I was not being very wise or overflowing with grace. Third, I want to work hard building a community, a robust community, of people who depend on God to provide their needs through the family that they become.

I don't think we emphasize honor enough in our western culture and I'd like to do my part to put honor higher on the priority list in my life and thus bring pleasure and glory to God too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment