Ads 468x60px

Monday, May 18, 2009

Hebrews 6:10, NIV

God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

I thought a lot today about missional living. It's so important to me, I hardly go more than a day or two without thinking about opportunities I have to speak about the Word, to love like the Lord, or to learn something new about God. My challenge for the last year and a half (since returning from a year in Ireland) has been to figure out this missional lifestyple apart from the organized mission field. I might sound repetitive to those who read this regularly, but this is what I think about. All the time. I don't want to give up my desire to serve God in other countries. So I'm going to keep pursuing that calling while also "blooming where I'm planted," even if it is currently inside a cubicle.

2 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

If God is in it, He'll provide the way! And, it will be clear/obvious when He does! Love you!

Grace said...

We need missionaries here too! (I've often wondered if people overseas come to America to be missionaries??? Sure seems like we need it, even if we are a "Christian Nation." Bloom girl, I'm sure your cubicle will expand!

Post a Comment