Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Allow me to tell you a story about what has evolved in the last two weeks. In a way that exceeding my expectations, God used my job to show me a mission trip opportunity. I plan on going to New Delhi India this November.

It’s a neat story, so bear with me. I was answering a Customer's e-mail at work (which had already been handled and shouldn’t have received it in the first place) and, out of curiosity, I went to the Customer’s company web site. On this Christian-based company’s web site, I was led to the testimonials page and there I recognized the name of a man who I worked with in Nashville the summer of 2004. Interest piqued, I looked into the organization he is now working with and found myself captivated by everything I was reading about this ministry – Truthseekers International.

As the week went on, the combination of this unexpected e-mail from a Customer, series of seemingly random conversations I’d had, and "what are the odds" moments that occurred—along with my daily Bible reading—made me feel strongly that God wants me to pursue the opportunity to go to New Delhi for a week long mission trip in November.

On this trip, a group of Americans will travel to New Delhi and work alongside the local Truthseekers staff. Together, they will travel to low-caste neighborhoods and tangibly express God’s love as they wash the feet of the oppressed, abused Indians who are considered “untouchable.”

The small practical steps I’ve taken thus far in pursuing this idea have resulted in open doors: getting the vacation time from work, hearing positive feedback from friends and family who want to help support me, and feeling the of certainty in my heart that God wants me to pursue this and continue to obey Him as He leads. I’m just grateful for the chance to participate in foreign missions again because it’s my passion.

I feel like there is so much more to say about the whole thing, and I would prefer to have had the chance to tell everyone this story face-to-face or on the phone, but the next step of fundraising needs to begin. If you have questions about this or want to hear more, please call or e-mail me.

After asking God about it, my prayer for funding this trip is specific, I am asking for 25 gifts of $100. I sent in the first $100 today – 24 more to go! I will continue to pray that God will open doors for this trip if it is in line with His will for me this year and would appreciate your support in the same.

Conveniently, if you want to give financially, please click this link, or the button provided on the right panel of this page. Thank you friends!

1 comments:

. said...

For more info:
http://truthseekersna.org/
http://truthseekersinternational.org/

Post a Comment