Ads 468x60px

Monday, June 1, 2009

Psalm 37:4, New Living Translation



"Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires."

A month ago I was filling my down time with an unhealthy preoccupation with the ways I was going to pursue a desire I wanted and the stress of not having it when I wanted it. It made me anxious and lean away from the Lord and more towards my own ugly self. Then, a couple weeks ago, I realized that I was wasting far too much time and energy on this selfish desire. As a result, I began to see that the Lord had given me that desire and plans on satisfying it with Himself, not with what I think is best. So instead of wasting time trying to fill the desire with a tangible, worldly source, I turned to God and found more contentment than the first attempt I had made.

Just like this verse states, seek God, take delight in Him only, and He then brings you the object of your desire in an even sweeter way than you imagined.

0 comments:

Post a Comment