Ads 468x60px

Monday, June 1, 2009

1 Peter 1:1, The Message

"I, Peter, am an apostle on assignment by Jesus, the Messiah, writing to exiles scattered to the four winds. Not one is missing, not one forgotten. God the Father has his eye on each of you..."

I'm so excited about the new sermon series at church called "Exiles." It began today and I was truly moved by the message. I can't think of a series better for me to hear right now than one focused on how this is world is not our home, it's definitely in line with what I feel God has been teaching me and preparing me for as far as missional living and potential opportunities that are coming. I have my comforts and preferences, but I haven't truly felt "at home" anywhere in the last few years. I want to develop authenticity in my life while I'm on earth so that when I arrive at my true home, my faith and life will test as true and bring pleasure to God as we spend forever together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment