Ads 468x60px

Sunday, May 31, 2009

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, NIV

“For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.”

So this is not a very deep post tonight - but I just wanted to comment on the basic truth in this verse. Don't worry, I'm not going to get into the debate of who will rise first and other theological details implied and not clearly defined. All I want to say is that (a) I am blessed with such good friends that I got to hang out with all day today; I'm so glad we share the same Lord. And (b) that I long for heaven and a place that isn't filled with the sickness of sin like the world we currently know. I can't even imagine the feeling of being with the Lord forever. I can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment