Ads 468x60px

Monday, July 13, 2009

Matthew 11:28-30, The Message

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."


One of the best episodes of any television show ever created is the episode of I Love Lucy where she sells Vitameatavegamin, it's called "Lucy does a commercial." The way the Message translates these verses sounds so similar to Lucy's script for the Vitameatavegamin commercial:


"Are you tired, rundown, listless? Do you poop out at parties? Are you unpopular? Well, the answer to all your problems is in this little bottle. Vitameatavegamin. Yes, with Vitameatavegamin you can spoon your way to health. All you have to do is take a tablespoon after every meal. It's so tasty too! Just like candy! So why don't you join the thousands of happy, peppy people and get a great big bottle of Vitameatavegamin tomorrow."


Thankfully, the answer to our problems isn't a spoonful of medicine after every meal (especially one that is 23% alcohol!). Our life can be lived freely and lightly with the not-so-secret ingredient of C-H-R-I-S-T. All you have to do is just walk with Him and work with Him and watch Him. So why don't you join the millions of free, unconditionally loved people and believe in a big Savior today!

1 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

Taking C-H-R-I-S-T is so much better than trying to swallow Vitameatavegamin! I love it! And, I love YOU! Thanks, Katie, for touching my heart and making me laugh, too! Dad

Post a Comment