Ads 468x60px

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Matthew 24:35, New Living Translation

Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear.

I love singing songs at church on Sunday nights. If I can, I keep my eyes closed and imagine that I'm in a room alone. It's hard to do that, but when I succeed it's wonderful. Sometimes I like to not sing the words but hum or whisper prayers while the music is playing and people around me are singing, worship (in the sense of singing at church) is beautiful.

I found this verses in Matthew (it was the verse of the day on www.biblegateway.com) to be interesting tonight after a great worship and sermon at church. I was thinking that some of the songs we sang were newer and others were a little more dated. While I like all of them, it made me wonder why we stop singing older songs and move on to new ones. It's probably because they are words of men and can't begin say everything about God that we want to communicate, or it could also be because we're a short-attention-span generation and like to keep it new and fresh.

Either way you look at it, it's just curious. It doesn't really bother me. Thankfully, the words of Christ at not a trendy collection that will soon become boring. Frankfully, they must be a bit supernatural to have lasted this long! It's AWEsome in every sense of the word and I couldn't be more thankful that God's words speak through our ADD/ADHD/short attention spams and are still relevant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment