Ads 468x60px

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Psalm 94:18-19, NIV

When I said, "My foot is slipping,"
your love, O LORD, supported me.

When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul.


I allow anxiety to permeate my life in several ways last week. As evidence by my lack of blogging (and thus, lack of spending time with the Lord), I clearly didn't seek the correct way of handling my anxiousness. The consolation that scripture gives does bring joy to my soul and I know the truth that says "be anxious about nothing but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Yet, even with this head and heart knowledge, something stubborn (or forgetful?) inside my spirit still chooses to fret and worry before ever remembering to sit and pray about it first.

Like a habit that is impossible to break, my "self" still defaults to this way of handling stress. Can there ever be relief from this cycle? I am often convinced that it's all part of our human condition on earth and that it won't get better until we're no longer foreigners, until we get Home to heaven. At the same time, I can't make excuses. I can work at this and force my worldly and selfish habits to not be my initial response. This is impossible for me, but not for God, He can work it out in my life if He sees fit and I'm pretty sure He would encourage me to seek Him first.

So I'm going to work at it, pray about it, and start responded to stress by telling God about it and looking in the Word for the answers.

1 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

Good words, Katie darling! Sometimes we are so much alike it's scary! Love you - Dad

Post a Comment