Ads 468x60px

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday Mornings

It's a Saturday morning and I feel very blessed to be at home alone with buttermilk waffles, fresh strawberries, and coffee. On the rare and random mornings when I find myself home, I typically turn on the television and, if I'm lucky, I get to watch a re-run of I Love Lucy. If watching the mishaps of the Ricardos isn't an option, I waste my time watching infomercials for products like the Windshield Wonder. However, this morning I realized that I have a wonderful DVD collection of my favorite movies and yet I never take the time to sit down and watch them! Therefore, this morning's selection was a comedic fantasy that has been on my top 10 list for years - Big Fish.

"They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that's true. What they don't tell you is that when it starts again, it moves extra fast to catch up."


This morning's realization (remembering to take the time to watch a favorite DVD again) got me thinking. Just like the DVDs I love and have collected, but rarely watch, how many things in my spiritual life are also collecting dust on a shelf - other "forgotten favorites?" Some of my favorite things to do with the Lord I don't schedule or prioritize. They're collecting dust of the shelf of my heart. Things like more consistent time in the word, creative worship, spiritual retreats, and full-time ministry. I'm not sure why I do this. These are the things that remind me of the Lord, His love, and excite me about sharing Him with others.

I'm inspired today to take the one to two hours to dust off a favorite "God time" hobby. A forgotten favorite can again be remembered again as we spend time with our timeless God.

1 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

Wow. Great analogy and great insight, Katie! I love how your mind thinks and the things you choose to write about. Keep it up! Great stuff! Love - Dad

Post a Comment