Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

You've got mail... actual mail!

Last night when I got home I was pleasantly surprised (to say the least) to see a brown package on my bed - mail, I mean, real mail! Something about real mail still makes me giddy (even when I know what it is!).

The small brown package I received last night was even more special to me than other things I've received in the post lately. Inside was my very first book to review from Thomas Nelson Publishers. Yes, I now review books! It might not seem significant to anyone but myself, but let me tell you why this is a big deal to me.

Since my introduction to the Twitterverse a month ago, I have had the privilege of following so many talented writers, pastors, bloggers, worship leaders. To be honest, it has made me feel a combination of inadequacy and admiration. The admiration trumps the negativity and I am motivated to embrace my curiosity about writing. Is it for me?

Part of this process toward discovery will be to (a) continue this blog, tweaking it when necessary to try a different thought or style and (b) read and review more content by other authors.

I was ecstatic to realize that I could review books for Thomas Nelson. I signed up and was approved. I selected a book. It came in the mail a week later. Now I need to read it, review it, post the review, then choose another book. It seems like such a good fit for me! I am eager to begin... as soon as I can find the time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment