Ads 468x60px

Monday, October 19, 2009

Hebrews 13:8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.



I spent a long time yesterday reading through scripture, trying to find a verse that would bring comfort to a grieving friend. I wanted something that would tell my friend everything that I was at a loss to say in my own words. Discouraged at not being able to find the "right thing," I closed the bible and moved on to a different thought.

Then, later last night, I read a blog about suffering. In that blog was the verse that I didn't realize I needed, Hebrews 13:8. It may not have been able to provide the words that will give all the answers or help anything make sense, but these words are true and just as applicable.

Thank you Lord for being our consistent Savior. When things don't make sense, help us to remember that you're the same. Love you God. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Gail said...

I read the post you sent me. It was very encouraging...thank you so much Katie. You are a true friend. I love you! How blessed we are that God never changes!

-Gail

Unknown said...

Hi Katie! I absolutely love Heb. 13:8, it's one of my favorite verses! I know you must be a big encouragement to your friend. Just to have someone to listen to us or be there when our world seems to be crumbling around us is so very important. Thanks for being a Barnabas!! Keep up the sweet and 'authentic' posts! :)

Post a Comment