Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Exodus 3:12, NLT

God answered, “I will be with you."

Have you ever been in the place where you need confirmation? You doubt your work, your image, and your location - you might ask God for a sign to let you know that you're where He wants you to be. Some days we don't get that sign, some days are dark with discouragement.

I remember when I lived in Ireland there were a few days like that. I was doing volunteer youth work in Belfast with Youth for Christ and sometimes missed the comfort of being "home" in a place with other Americans and my favorite food. Thankfully, those days were truly few and far between -- I've doubt what I'm doing more since I returned to Texas than ever before.

You'd think that in my home country I would find comfort, but almost every day I'm asking God to confirm why I am here and why I'm doing what I am. It's not what I thought it would be. It's not bad - please don't get me wrong, I'm very blessed - but it's just different and my spirit isn't satisfied.

The good news is that God is with me. Overseas, in Texas, in my car, in my cubicle - He's there. And sometimes, when discouragement comes like the rain, God comes like the rainbow to remind us that we are where He wants us to be.

"Lord you have permitted me to experience the joy of Your purposeful, promising presence. Even on days when I doubt, help me know that wherever I am, I can share that joy with those who are homesick."

0 comments:

Post a Comment