Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm in India

I leave tomorrow for a trip to India. I'll be working with TruthSeekers International (learn more here) to reach out to the low-caste Indians near New Delhi. Please pray that lives are changed and hope is restored through the songs, testimonies, scripture, and footwashing ceremonies that I will be a part of.

My specific prayer requests are:

Practically: Please pray that travel goes smoothly (getting to India and buses/trains within India), that I will be healthy, and that I'll remember to pack everything I need (snacks, clothing, medications, host gifts, etc.).


Emotionally: Pray that I will remember the social and gender issues of the Indian culture and act appropriately. Pray that I will be able to "cope" with the poverty I’ll see. And, finally, pray that I and the rest of my team of 8 will connect well with each other and the local Indian Truthseekers Staff.


Spiritually: Please pray that, despite the hopeless situations I might see, I will be given words of hope to share with the low caste Indians I meet; that I won't become discouraged or frustrated by my inability to change their circumstances. That God shows me more of Him.


I look forward to recovering from jet lag next weekend by spending time processing what I saw and learned in India. I will definitely post those thoughts here with some photos too.

Please eat a huge turkey dinner for me and enjoy the time with your family and friends celebrating all that we have to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment