Ads 468x60px

Sunday, November 1, 2009

James 1:2-4, New Living Translation

For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

This used to be one of my favorite passages of scripture because it encouraged me as I struggled with things. Now I'm not so sure that I like it because I've come further in life and realized that there is always a struggle and always a test to my faith. Sometimes I just get so tired of it and want a break. But I know there isn't a break on this earth from pain and struggle. My spirit gets so tired of these "growth opportunities" and wants to just finally be at home with the Lord.

Jesus, please come home soon so that I can sit at Your feet all day and have no more toil or grief. I know it's nothing I deserve but that You have promised it to me. I love You and hope that my meager offerings and pitiful faith can somehow make You proud until Your return.

0 comments:

Post a Comment